May 16, 2011

{Color Injection: The End Table}

Beauty without colour seems somehow to belong to another world.
~Murasaki Shikibu

With color names like Cotton Candy, Creme Brulee, Vanilla Bean, and Key Lime Pie, it's hard not to be inspired by Somerset Bay's painted collection of furniture.  

I'm in love with this furniture, which actually surprises me.  I am not a painted furniture kind of gal...but I'm learning to love it!  Usually, when I have found a piece of furniture, we refinish and stain...but I am trying to inject more color accents into my home and I think painted furniture will be the ticket, while keeping the backdrop neutral.  Something like this...






I love the "Cotton Candy" finish and I am thinking it would be the perfect accent to our guest room. These pictures are the inspiration for my end table...



(all images from Somerset Bay)

I found this end table at the Goodwill and paid $5 for it a few years ago. It's an old sewing machine table that Justin refinished and stained, but I always kind of thought that it was a little too dark (not his fault...he does awesome work).



So, I decided to paint it Cotton Candy by Somerset Bay. Well, not really Cotton Candy, but Lake Country, by Valspar. Since, I didn't have an actual swatch, I'll explain later how I got a perfect color match.  And let me say, I was very happy with Valspar's new Hi-Def paint.  With a little Floetrol added, I got this baby completely coated in one coat.  I did go ahead and do a second coat just to make sure the finish was perfectly even.  Added a new knob, and I think I got a pretty good looking Somerset Bay knock off for about $10.






































I've linked up...

good one

4 comments:

  1. That turned out really well! I love the color choice. It's so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color! That reeded bookcase from is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It turned out better than expected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.