Jun 1, 2011

{TO DO LIST For The SUMMER!}

Of all of our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.
-Walt Disney

It's the first day of summer vacation and I thought I would introduce you to my favorite website!  Pinterest! 

If your not on Pinterest, you need to be!  It's an amazing website that is a virtual pinboard of so many beautiful pictures to inspire every aspect of your life...from decorating, cooking, sewing, and just living.  It is by invitation only, which is weird because it's not exclusive and anyone can join by requesting an invitation. It only took a few days after I requested to join to get my acceptance email, and I have been obsessed ever since with "pinning."

The best thing about Pinterest is that I now have an organized place for all of my "eye candy."  I used to rip pictures that inspired me out of magazines, and over time they would get lost, or thrown out, and then I couldn't find them when I wanted them.  Now, with Pinterest, I can always find what I am looking for because you can categorize your own pin boards.

During my work year, I am constantly making "to do" lists.  Lists for home, lists for the grocery, lists for work, lists for "The Kid."  I have been been known to make lists for my lists...I know it's a bit crazy, but that's how I roll.  Quite honestly, I have never claimed sanity.

So I thought I would make my TO DO LIST for the SUMMER via Pinterest...just like Censational Girl

Erin's SUMMER TO DO:

1. Swim more...I mean really swim. 
I need to rejoin my masters swim team and get back to work.  It's been way too long, and too many pounds later.  It's time to get back into the water, where I feel truly at home.








2.  Paint...
I'm not a painter, but I love being creative.  I want to paint this summer for fun and maybe take a painting class at the Indianapolis Art Center.








3. Take plenty of naps.




4.  Play outside.
A lot!




5.  Hold hands. 
It's my favorite thing to do with the people I love...




6.  Eat outside more often...
especially now that our back yard is in the shade in the evenings we can dine alfresco!





Speaking of painting...I've been working on my own painting.  All you artists out there...I know, I know...it's not great, but I kind of like it.  Justin is going to build a frame for it...and I think I know the perfect place for my "masterpiece" in our new house.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.