Jul 24, 2011

{The BEST Pancakes!}

I have to admit that up until recently I used to buy Bisquick, or some other pre-made pancake mix from a box, to make pancakes.  Actually, I have even bought the frozen mini pancakes (not the best)!  It wasn't too long ago that I was looking through some recipe cards and came across this FANTASTIC pancake recipe.  The pancakes are light and airy, and they are just delicious!  So, I thought I would share this kid and husband approved EASY recipe!


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking power
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg (I use two egg whites most times)
3 tbsp. butter (I lower to 2 tbsp sometimes)

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. 
Use a 1/4 measuring cup to make regular sized pancakes.  My family likes "silver dollar" pancakes, so I usually use about 1/8 of cup (or half of the 1/4 measuring cup) to make silver dollars.  Ladle onto a nonstick pan heated on medium heat and sprayed with nonstick spray, and wait until you see bubbles.  Once the pancake is covered in bubbles, flip for one more minute.

Before you flip, add blueberries, sliced bananas, chopped walnuts, or mini chocolate chips.  We like our pancakes plain here...but I have to say a chocolate pancake isn't bad once in a while.

Pancake bubble goodness...

I hope you enjoy this recipe next time you think of making pancakes!  It's a winner here!

4 comments:

  1. great minds think alike....we had yummy cinnamon apple pancakes this morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the pancake recipe in Pioneer Woman's cookbook! It has sour cream & is amazing!! (Don't think it's on her website.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these this morning and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.